Today is republic day for India. It means, we as Indians formed a rule book and released it on this day. It was in 1951. That day, we promised that we would live by these cardinal rules. We resolved to follow them in every aspect of our political existence.
Since it’s launch in 1951, we have made many changes. It has undergone more than 300 200 amendments. However, the BASIC FRAMEWORK of the constitution remains the same.
Just like our rulebook of political existence, we have a constitution, we have our cardinal rules of living.
2 years ago, on 1st Jan 2018, I came up with the basic framework for my life and living. I resolved to change my life from being a boring and stressful one to one that would get inspired and inspire.
I started the work from the very basics. Below, I have listed them :
- Get up early every day.
- Savour a glass of warm water.
- Spend some time in the morning with myself. Reading, listening music or just be with my thoughts.
- Go for a Run/ walk to get sunlight every morning.
- Get 7 hrs sleep.
I believe that,
Your physical fitness has to be fragile to give way to mental illnesses.Sanjuruns
So, I started my work from getting my body in shape. I was weighing 96 kg. Had hypertension. Was a pile patient. Was suffering from mental stress and depression.
In the last 2 years, I have cut down my weight from 96 kg to 80 kg. It is now stable at 80 kg for the past 6 months. Tension or hypertension – I don’t experience them these days. No more constipation.
Next part of my work pertains to getting my mental fitness. Every morning I get up to experience some form of beauty in life.
I love to read. Books are the most accessible source of joy and happiness. They are like conversations with your best friends whom you want to listen without uttering a single word. I read inspirational, informative and motivational books.
We suffer mentally due to which we don’t feel happy. We feel upset or stressed. Once you have taken care of your physical well being, work on your mental well being.
So, I started to do that. These are the rules I framed :
- Fear and love : these are 2 basic emotions to work with. Fear gets temporary results. It will eventually frustrate you and lead to negativity in life.
- On the other hand, love is a positive emotion. Do things, move with people and immerse yourself in activities that you are in love with or simply love. Sailing in the boat of love is the best experience every inch, every moment.
- What you love may not have social or public support. So, ignore that.
- Be kind to others. Even to their put downs.
- Focus on living your life. Build your own narrative.
- Everyone is struggling to be happy. They are acting in the best possible way that they know of.
In the last 2 years, I saw my life take a turn towards the road to happiness, joy, fulfillment and a BIG transformation. I was stuck for years before I laid the ground rules to play my game of life.
I have found a passion when I cleared the clutter out of my life. I love to run. I love running. I am now free and running. Running is what brings my mind and body together and puts me under meditative status. When I started, I used to run 2 km. Now, I run marathon. That’s 42.2 km.
Running is about moving, taking action. Actions that bring about positive change. It brings joy and peace. Actions that signal to #BeBetter.
Folks, let’s run towards a life of freedom by laying some ground rules for ourselves. They are necessary for progress.
What rules do you have? I am interested to know! Please share in comments below.